In case you want to add a little bit of Mexican flavor to your get together here is the basic recipe for a good guacamole.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and lightly mashed
- 1/2 cup minced onion (preferably white onion)
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced (remove seeds and ribs for less heat)...I personally use just a little bit of chili powder or valentina powder
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt
In a bowl, combine avocados, onion, jalapeno, tomato, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt, and mix to combine.
And if you are not a beer fan you can always cheer your team with a Skinny Margarita!!!