Norma Kamali, a fashion designer known for innovative designs like her sleeping bag coat, her use of silk parachutes as fabric and fashion-forward takes on jersey sportswear, partnered with Walmart to designed a mass merchant-meets-fashion designer collaboration.
Always a supporter of women, she saw a venue to reach to a broader audience. In her own words: “Through the Wal-Mart stores and Web site I can reach more people and affect more lives than in any other venue.” - Norma Kamali
When checking her collection I did not see her typical avant-gard designs but rather more concept pieces that can be mix and match with pieces in your wardrobe and that can transcend the pass of time. The color palette is very simple in whites, grays, pinks and blacks.
Price points for the collection are very low with prices ranging from $3 to $30. My favorites prices from the collection are the Batwing Cardigan, The Trench Coat and the large Canvas Bag.
1. Double Breasted Trench Coat $30
2. Career Full Skirt $25 - Sleeveless Shirt $15
3. Button Down Tunic Shirt $20 - Capri Leggings $10
4. Large Canvas Bag $20
5. Organic cotton Tee $* - Pencil Skirt $15
6. Blazer $20 - Organic Cotton Tee $6
7. Graphic Organic Cotton tank $3 - Batwing Cardigan $18
8. All-in-one Jersey Top $20
I recommend buying from Walmart.com rather than visitng the stores since not all stores will carry her full collection!
So, do you like it?