Socially conscious online used book seller Better World Books makes clearing up book clutter simple by buying back your used books. Here's how it works: BWB’s online buyback program lets you input your book information, get a price quote and print pre-paid shipping labels. Easy!
So aside from the ease, what's so great about Better World Books?
* The company collects used books otherwise destined for landfills, and sells them online, and has saved approx. 20 million pounds of books from the nation’s trash heaps.
* A percentage of the revenues go to literacy initiatives worldwide. Through its network of over 1,600 college campuses and nearly 1,000 libraries, the company has converted millions of donated books into over $6 million in funding for literacy and education.
* Each shipment is offset by Carbon Fund.
To celebrate Earth Day, Better World Books will have a one day special on used books. Since reusing is one of the most earth-friendly things you can do, on April 22 only, all used books bought on Better World Books will be 20% off.
* Diverted more than 22 million pounds of books from landfills
* Saved 284,500 trees from being cut down
* Saved 12.2 million pounds of carbon dioxide from being released into the atmosphere
* 58 million Kwh of electricity from being used